I’m Soiree, Not Sorry.
THIS IS ME.
Re-introductions are wonderful & should be a necessary process practice: in life, on the floor, in business.
I’m a firm believer that change is one of the only few things in life that is constant.
So today, this is me….for now. Get to know the creator, maker, shaker, decorator, & sometimes baker behind SoireeFrillsCo.
Some ❤️“sweet 16” ❤️shenanigans about lil ole ME. (Notice the 16 facts on the 16th of this month?) if you get to know me, you’ll get to know where my craft ideas and projects stem from.
1. I am an eternal optimist who thrives on seeing the good in everything, even when circumstances are not optimal. I believe we ultimately hold the power to our fate, and we have the choice to get what we want, or wait till things happen to us. Hint: I don’t know how to wait!
2. I believe in signs (literally & figuratively) and in the universe sending us signals.
3. I am a fan of cheesy lame jokes & puns. If others consider it a “dad joke” , that is totally my type of jam!
4. I have tons of planners. And planner accessories. And planner maker supplies. But I have yet to make my own planner inserts and accessories. That is definitely on my to- do list.
5. I am a list maker. But I am also notorious for misplacing or forgetting where I placed that list ( the irony is that I have many planners and journals. Lol) ?maybe there is such a thing as too many? (But the inner crafter in me would never really admit that).
6. I love mantras & art prints & anything with motivational sayings. I’m a big fan of BOTH cheesy and crass quotes. You will note, particularly when you know me well, I can curse like a trucker and enjoy humorous sarcasm on occasion.
7. I thrive on difficult challenges and always up for defying when others say “you can’t ” or “that’s impossible”.
8. I love loud colours & patterns. The louder, the better. My taste is not simplistic or minimalist, though I do adore those styles. It’s just not who I am. You will note that those squares on my IG account are not consistently stylized with the recommended conformed backgrounds. That is intentional.
9. I am a hopeless romantic & am in love with the idea of romanticism, love stories, & happy endings.
10. I will never tire of 80’s themed parties. I’ve hosted at least 3 birthday parties with this theme,..and I will continue to do this theme.
11. I love handwritten notes. One day soon, I’d love to join and/ or create a snail mail movement.
12. I love food. All kinds of food. And coffee. If there is complimentary food at a function, I’m there. Hands down. Even if it means socializing with people when I’m not in the mood. That’s how much I love food.
13. Running is my newly re-acquainted love. I will grind out the mileage because it’s challenging yet sooo internally satisfying. It literally is about #beatingyesterday. Follow me on my other IG account @runnershirlz to ride along my journey of chasing the unicorn (ie. Boston).
14. I’m all about the little things. Yes- absofuckinlutely, the small gestures matter. The sticky notes, the spontaneous treats, the emails/ texts/ cards to let you know they remembered something pertaining to you, & the impromptu invitations. These are the lil rays of sunshine that make days so wonderful.
15. I believe in celebrations. And that there is no such thing as a small celebration. The fact that you woke up and got out of bed is a celebration in itself. That deserves a card…or a treat. More cards made from yours truly are on the bucket list.
16. I have been blessed with 2 lil-boss ladies I call my kiddos & a husband who has always had my back since day one. They love this chick despite all my flaws & random shenanigans & quirky eccentricities. They are my core. I am the lucky one here.
PS. I miss poker. If you are reading this & we used to play poker, someone set up a poker game. I’m down. Gotta dust off my rusty skills.
Every 7th and 16 of the month. My blog posts. Mark it in.Topics will include:
❤️ My ventures as a novice girlboss
❤️My ventures as a mom raising 2 girl bosses-in-training
❤️ Adulting – & life’s little but not so little moments
❤️ Your current situation (the good, bad, & ugly)
❤️What tickles your fancy (reviews on books, blogs, crafts, etc)
❤️Current craft projects
Thanks for reading. And looking forward to this blogging venture with you.
Beauty in the small things
Boss: Know no bounds
Be the boss that celebrates small things– the monthsaries, the one first week you survived a new job or course, the day someone compliments you, the first good day you’ve had in a long time. Yes- celebrate those big things, like birthdays and Christmas, but also spend some time celebrating the dailies. Yes, I said the dailies. The dailies you successfully got out of bed and made it to work on time in semi-clean clothes (which trust me, is a HUGE success when you have multiple small children), or when you haven’t chewed someone’s head pre-coffee. Or when someone tells you you’ve done a good job- because you deserve to hear how great of a job you are doing. Or when you’ve survived the week and made it to Friday. There is no such a thing as too small to celebrate. Trust me, it’s a big deal! Which is why I think I’m a fan of “just because” gestures, greeting cards, & celebrations. I wanna be that boss that celebrates the small things. Because in a world full of complications, we all deserve a dose of the beauty in the small things. Hint on the horizon: I will have a lot of “just because” merch I plan on creating in the upcoming new year.
Always me, SoireeFrillsCo.
Boss-in-training: No-no bounds
Dear Elle and Enne,
My most favourite thing in the world to see is the sparkle I see in your eyes in the most simplest things. The sparkle when:
💕I tell you I have a surprise for you
💕I walk in the door with sprinkle donuts
💕I you anything that lights up with bright lights
💕I tell you we are going out for mac and cheese
You both are my everything in my everyday. And you teach me & remind me that life is all about the little things. And that there is so much beauty all around us.
Thank you for being my constant reminders of how it’s all about the little things. You are my reasons for why I am passionate about SoireeFrillsCo. You make every little thing worth a celebration. And one day, when you become adult girl bosses yourselves, you will remember this very point; for it will take you far in this thing called life.
I’m Soiree, not sorry. Celebrating unapologetically 1-2018
Believe in the Magic
New year, re-newed you. So today I decided that my 2018 mantra is this: “Believe in the Magic” & “You’ve got this”. Powerful messages that consistently remind you can be the difference. The difference that moves you from where you currently are to where you wanna be. And this year, I choose to believe that everything has the potential to be magic.
Believe in the magic of :
❤️ Your heart ❤️Human kindness ❤️ Passion ❤️ Dreams & inspiration ❤️ Unicorns ❤️Boss-like hustle ❤️ Positive synergy ❤️ Failings turnt success ❤️ Hard work
And most importantly….❤️ YOU. Believe in the magic of you.
My superpower is that I am SoireeFrillsCo. And I know (cross my fingers) there is no other SoireeFrillsCo. So what’s your superpower? If you don’t already know, You are the superpower, & you are the magic. Werd.
Happy New Year. Here’s to reset. Cheers to another attempt at daily blogging.
I’m Soiree, not sorry Celebrating, unapologetically
The weekly review- Week 2
Approximately 14 days in and it’s slowly becoming habit- the daily blogging (or at least knowing what each daily post is going to be about- the literal posts may be delayed by a day or two) and continuing to build my mindfulness skill set.
I had to re-visit what my week 1 review said. Ironically, the two items which I struggled the most with last week were my 2 strengths this week- “physical activity” & “pay it forward”. As it happened, this was unintentional. I did not seek out to improve those 2 deficits this week. But just like magic, coincidentally, these areas were strengthened.
This week, I conquered winter running, a bucket list I’ve been procrastinating for years. And in a couple blog posts this past week, “kindness” & “paying it forward” really resonated.
Without getting in too much detail, this week has been bombarded with not so good news. But, …. what I can say is this….despite being bombarded with unexpected & unpleasant occurrences, finding those moments of kindness given by others, as well as finding those pockets of moments to give kindness to others, has made life that much more bearable. I was also able to find a new hardcore physical activity (winter running) that allowed me decompress this week with life shenanigans. And maybe life, as my mantra says (celebrating unapologetically) , is about learning to deal with life’s both delightful & unpleasant incidences the best way you know how…and maybe, there really is no right or wrong way to ride out these delightful or unpleasant occurrences.
Here’s to week 3 #Soireeprojectgrowth
I’m Soiree, not sorry Celebrating, unapologetically
Kindness is magic
Freebies are the best. I was lucky and fortunate to receive a whole month free subscription to the headspace app. And it is the most amazeballs mindfulness app I’ve come across thus far. If you have a chance, check it out; you get the first 10 foundations sessions for free.
And as luck would have it, as my friend was just telling me that if I ever get a free trial voucher to give away, & to keep her in mind, a free voucher to give away appeared on my account! Voila! And it was just like magic! I kid you not. It literally felt like magic. I received something good; and the same magical thing materialized for me to give back to someone else….at the exact same moment we were talking about giving one to her. And boy did it feel good to be able to give back the same thing to someone else that initially made me happy. I like to think of this as the ripple effect.
Maybe each magical gesture can lead to other magical gestures given by the receiver. Maybe this is what people talk about when they say that kindness breeds more kindness. Kindness is contagious, kindness is magical. And I’m glad I got to share a piece of that magic and be part of that rippling effect. I’m glad that “pay it forward” has been part of this #Soireeprojectgrowth because it is certainly emphasizing that human kindness has infinite bounds. Imagine if we give a bit of magic everyday through small acts of kindness. Maybe more of the world would then see the world as rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄
I’m Soiree, not sorry
Word of the day
Expanding my vocabulary & language usage is one my daily bucket list items. For years, my goal has been to learn one new word a day. Now I get a chance to do just that.
It’s on my list for a number of reasons. Scrabble. Crossword puzzles. Become more articulate. Sound more academic. Become a better writer. And last not but least, maybe if I mix in some mumbo jumbo when I don’t have a hot clue to a question, at least all that jargon will make me sound like I know what I’m saying. Lol.
The word of the day today is “extrapolate”. I heard it on a tv show today. I have to say, trying to come up with a word of the day has made me increasingly aware of what others are saying and how they are saying it. Go figure, imagine the reason why I do something ends up benefiting another purpose or cause. Funny how life works out. You aim to make orange juice, and then you get a pineapple orange juice. And sometimes the byproduct you get is even better than what you originally sought out for. Now this is what this #SoireeProjectGrowth is all about: uncovering processes in undefined ways. Werd.
I’m Soiree, not sorry
Refresh & replenish. The two ‘R’s that I can often struggle with. Historically, I’ve been a night owl who can be functional with minimal sleep. I like to compare this to a car who runs the gas tank to the very last few drops. As I age, it is becoming apparent that the habitual patterns that I used to practice is no longer viable. It must be age that is getting to me. I’m aiming to get more sleep these days. I won’t say how much more, because frankly, it’s still way less than the recommended amount than What is suggested based on research studies. I guess, the bottom line is, improvement is improvement any way you look at it. Refreshing and replenishing doesn’t always have to equate to getting sleep. If replenishing my stock is nourishing my soul with activities that I enjoy, them perhaps it’s a balancing act of getting (literal) sleep and doing those things I love. Afterall, isn’t life about doing what ignites your soul on fire? At least in my world it is. In a world where time is often given for others, the least I can do is carve some time for me. If you can’t hit that refresh button every so often, then how are you going to enjoy the moments in the present?