I’m Soiree, Not Sorry.
THIS IS ME.
Re-introductions are wonderful & should be a necessary process practice: in life, on the floor, in business.
I’m a firm believer that change is one of the only few things in life that is constant.
So today, this is me….for now. Get to know the creator, maker, shaker, decorator, & sometimes baker behind SoireeFrillsCo.
Some ❤️“sweet 16” ❤️shenanigans about lil ole ME. (Notice the 16 facts on the 16th of this month?) if you get to know me, you’ll get to know where my craft ideas and projects stem from.
1. I am an eternal optimist who thrives on seeing the good in everything, even when circumstances are not optimal. I believe we ultimately hold the power to our fate, and we have the choice to get what we want, or wait till things happen to us. Hint: I don’t know how to wait!
2. I believe in signs (literally & figuratively) and in the universe sending us signals.
3. I am a fan of cheesy lame jokes & puns. If others consider it a “dad joke” , that is totally my type of jam!
4. I have tons of planners. And planner accessories. And planner maker supplies. But I have yet to make my own planner inserts and accessories. That is definitely on my to- do list.
5. I am a list maker. But I am also notorious for misplacing or forgetting where I placed that list ( the irony is that I have many planners and journals. Lol) ?maybe there is such a thing as too many? (But the inner crafter in me would never really admit that).
6. I love mantras & art prints & anything with motivational sayings. I’m a big fan of BOTH cheesy and crass quotes. You will note, particularly when you know me well, I can curse like a trucker and enjoy humorous sarcasm on occasion.
7. I thrive on difficult challenges and always up for defying when others say “you can’t ” or “that’s impossible”.
8. I love loud colours & patterns. The louder, the better. My taste is not simplistic or minimalist, though I do adore those styles. It’s just not who I am. You will note that those squares on my IG account are not consistently stylized with the recommended conformed backgrounds. That is intentional.
9. I am a hopeless romantic & am in love with the idea of romanticism, love stories, & happy endings.
10. I will never tire of 80’s themed parties. I’ve hosted at least 3 birthday parties with this theme,..and I will continue to do this theme.
11. I love handwritten notes. One day soon, I’d love to join and/ or create a snail mail movement.
12. I love food. All kinds of food. And coffee. If there is complimentary food at a function, I’m there. Hands down. Even if it means socializing with people when I’m not in the mood. That’s how much I love food.
13. Running is my newly re-acquainted love. I will grind out the mileage because it’s challenging yet sooo internally satisfying. It literally is about #beatingyesterday. Follow me on my other IG account @runnershirlz to ride along my journey of chasing the unicorn (ie. Boston).
14. I’m all about the little things. Yes- absofuckinlutely, the small gestures matter. The sticky notes, the spontaneous treats, the emails/ texts/ cards to let you know they remembered something pertaining to you, & the impromptu invitations. These are the lil rays of sunshine that make days so wonderful.
15. I believe in celebrations. And that there is no such thing as a small celebration. The fact that you woke up and got out of bed is a celebration in itself. That deserves a card…or a treat. More cards made from yours truly are on the bucket list.
16. I have been blessed with 2 lil-boss ladies I call my kiddos & a husband who has always had my back since day one. They love this chick despite all my flaws & random shenanigans & quirky eccentricities. They are my core. I am the lucky one here.
PS. I miss poker. If you are reading this & we used to play poker, someone set up a poker game. I’m down. Gotta dust off my rusty skills.
Every 7th and 16 of the month. My blog posts. Mark it in.Topics will include:
❤️ My ventures as a novice girlboss
❤️My ventures as a mom raising 2 girl bosses-in-training
❤️ Adulting – & life’s little but not so little moments
❤️ Your current situation (the good, bad, & ugly)
❤️What tickles your fancy (reviews on books, blogs, crafts, etc)
❤️Current craft projects
Thanks for reading. And looking forward to this blogging venture with you.